Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quadra Island, here I come!

So, work is sending me to Quadra Island for four days. How nice is that?! I will be staying at a lodge on the beach, and attending a cultural safety in nursing conference. I am not sure if I will take my dog, but it would be nice I guess to take her for walks on the beach.


Other than that things have been pretty normal at home. I have had some ups and downs with the pups. I found homes for all but two, but had to put one to sleep on Friday. She had some birth defects that the vet and I finally decided were extensive enough to warrant this route. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do, and I have not been sleeping well since.


I have been working on the house and yard as much as possible in the awful weather we have been having. And I came home yesterday to find a brand new section of fence where the trees destroyed it last Fall. I guess the neighbour pushed up the start date of May that she had discussed with me. It is so nice to let the dogs out without wondering if they will stay in the yard or force through the flimsy chicken wire I had strung.


This is a view of the pups and fence yesterday:


No comments: